- Each STEMS2 Scholar will receive an annual stipend of $15,000 dollars per academic year. Funds can be distributed during academic year and in Summer sessions.
- STEMS2 Scholars will work with highly skilled middle and high school teachers throughout their matriculation.
- STEMS2 Scholars will have opportunities to attend national conferences in mathematics and science education.
- STEMS2 Scholars will work with highly skilled induction specialists for the first two years of teaching in an effort to ease their transition into the teaching profession.
- Upon program completion, STEMS2 Scholars will earn a STEM degree and teacher certification.
Recipients of the STEMS2 stipends are expected to do the following:
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in content and pedagogy coursework.
- Remain a STEM major throughout their matriculation.
- Complete field experiences with highly skilled mentors selected by program staff.
- Contractually agree to teach mathematics or one of the sciences for two years within an eight-year period after graduation. Teaching must occur in a high needs school district (Note: Nearly all school districts in Louisiana meet the criteria for being deemed high needs including, our partner districts Lafayette Parish & Iberia Parish school systems).
- Participate in all activities designed by assigned induction specialists.