STEM Content Enrichment
- For mathematics majors, content will cover essentials for a jump start in Calculus II (MATH 301) and/or Fundamentals of Mathematics (MATH 360).
- For biology majors, content will include enrichment topics designed to position participants for initial success in Genetics (BIOL 233) or Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 220 or Research in Biology.
- STEM Content Enrichment will meet May 29 – June 1, 9AM – 12PM
AME CAMP Overview
Participants will work with Master Teachers in the Advancing Mathematical Excellence AME Camp for no less than 5 days and a minimum three hours per day. AME focuses on creative, engaging, student-centered activities that seek to inspire budding STEM innovators from among its participants. Camps will be held at three sites:
- Vermillion Parish, June 4-8, Abbeville High School
- Lafayette Parish, June 4-8, at Broussard Middle School.
- Iberia Parish, June 4-8. at Hopkins Elementary School
Camp is limited to high performing students from selected schools entering grades 8 and 9. Camp theme features integration of math & science topics with “Survivor” themed activities.
*Participants will receive a $1000 stipend for their internship experience